Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer is Here!



Every year, when summer comes around I get a little overzealous and create a ridiculously long reading list. It's a seasonal "itch." That can be traced back to childhood. When I was a kid, the library had a quasi-summer reading contest, for each book you finished, you received a gold star. What can I say, I really liked receiving gold stars!!

This year a few books on my list are: Hakawati by Rabih Alameddine, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Just Kids by Patti Smith, Tis: A Memoir by Frank McCourt, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris, Shanghai Girls: A Novel by Lisa See, etc....

What is on your summer reading list??

2 comments:

  1. I was recently introduced to Janet Evanovich. So far I'm on the Two for the dough. It's a quick easy to read book. Makes a nice book to take to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete